And I should be sure to mention the Immersive Education Summit in Boston in April!We did a bit more in-depth exploring in Second Life. We discussed the different attributes of the virtual world, such as depth, angles, shading, and lack thereof, and other characteristics that try to make the virtual world 3D.

The sharpness of objects and areas as well as fine details, improve as you get closer. Again, an effort to add a sense of depth to the 3D virtual world.

Someone turn on the lights! We can control how SecondLife looks and sounds.

Efforts to 'camp' or dance or do something else proper to earn lindens was an interesting group activity. Can't say I was very successful, but trying had it's moments. Nothing good comes when someone tells you to dance on a pole to earn money!


This class was focussed on manipulating our avatars and sharing acquired attributes. We even ran a race to see who can navigate with their avatar the best. I wasn't the best.


The sometimes ugly problems that crop up. The virtual world and the tools we use are changing so fast that Boston College couldn't keep up with the updates in the computer lab. No problem. i found a workaround that got me to where I need to be...... or should I say got me pictures of where I was!

The sharpness of objects and areas as well as fine details, improve as you get closer. Again, an effort to add a sense of depth to the 3D virtual world.

Someone turn on the lights! We can control how SecondLife looks and sounds.

Efforts to 'camp' or dance or do something else proper to earn lindens was an interesting group activity. Can't say I was very successful, but trying had it's moments. Nothing good comes when someone tells you to dance on a pole to earn money!


This class was focussed on manipulating our avatars and sharing acquired attributes. We even ran a race to see who can navigate with their avatar the best. I wasn't the best.


The sometimes ugly problems that crop up. The virtual world and the tools we use are changing so fast that Boston College couldn't keep up with the updates in the computer lab. No problem. i found a workaround that got me to where I need to be...... or should I say got me pictures of where I was!
Here I was! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


No comments:
Post a Comment